The Bachelor of Science Industrial Engineering will provide students the necessary skills on how to describe, evaluate, design, modify, control and improve the performance of complex systems. Students will be trained on how to build mathematical models, economic models, statistical models, and computer simulation models that capture the complex interactions between the elements that comprise a system and then use those models to optimize the design so that the limited resources (people, information, materials, equipment, and energy) of the systems will be used in the most effective and efficient way while maintaining quality. The emphasis is more on manufacturing systems but skills learned can be applied to other systems such as health care, banking, insurance, transportation, construction, utilities, and government agencies.
The Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering is a 4 year and 1 trimester program that educates students in the theoretical and practical analysis and design of systems in computing, information technology, electronic production, communications, digital electronics and other related technologies. The students are instructed on a solid foundation of mathematics, natural sciences, engineering sciences, humanities, and social sciences to enable them to use electronics engineering in telecommunications, radio broadcasting, industrial electronics, systems analysis and control engineering, and computer software and hardware design. As part of their project requirement, students are expected to conceptualize and build a prototype of a product innovation. Project design work and a six-month on-the-job training with a local company are incorporated into the curriculum which is further enhanced by courses in management and the arts to help the students fully realize their designs and ideas.
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering is a 4 year and 1 trimester program of study that prepares students to work in embedded systems design, computer systems operations, and system support. This specialization concentrates on the analysis of the design, installation, maintenance, and software digital devices in support of the global economy's technological and business operations. The curriculum builds upon the fundamental principles in the basic sciences, mathematics, and the humanities and trains the students to work in teams (in laboratory experiments, reports, projects, etc.), to speak and write effectively, and to exhibit engineering professionalism. Furthermore, the program allows students to work for a local company for 6 months to gain valuable experience and provides for a guided research project to develop new product design concepts. The over-all objective is to produce computer engineers that are enable to join certain concepts and techniques from electronics engineering and computer science to discern the links between the hardware and software of computing and information systems and create microprocessors and embedded systems for various applications such as desktop computers, hand-held devices, automotive controls, guidance controls, industrial electronics, etc.
- Systems and Design Engineers - take a leadership role in the area of systems design.
- System Analyst - ensures that essential system administration tasks for servers are completed including back-up
- Corporate Planners - responsible for the development, implementation and direction of major projects.
- Consultant - advises schools and industries on problems related to engineering.
- Academe - conducts college-level courses in the field of engineering.
- Project Manager/Engineer - develops engineering designs, specifications, cost estimates; prepares written reports, technical specifications for various projects and facilities.
- Network Manager/Systems Administrator - installs, configures and maintains the network.
- Data Communication Engineer - specifies, design, implements, test, integrates, supports, and maintains switches and network management systems.
- Technical Support Engineer - support field engineers, customer service technicians, and product support personnel.
- Computer Hardware Entrepreneur - researches, plans, develops, detailed product design and processing documents form prototype stage to manufacturing phase.
- Robotics Laboratory based on the MindStorm Lego system
- State of the Art Media Laboratory